Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training focuses on prevention and offers proven strategies for safely defusing anxious, hostile or violent behaviour at the earliest possible stage. Anyone who may come in contact with verbally or physically aggressive individuals will benefit from the skills and techniques learned in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention.
Times: 9:00AM to 4:30PM (1 day)
Location: ILRC’s DART Training Centre – 100 – 167 Lombard Ave.
- Identifying the indicators for violent or disruptive behaviours
- Deescalating tense situations
- Intervene safely in a violent situation
- Developing respectful and humanistic approaches to crisis intervention
- Improving staff confidence and boosting morale
- Providing optimum care for individuals
You must be registered in ILRC’s ADAPT program to be eligible for Nonviolent Crisis Intervention. Please see the ADAPT page for more information.