15 in stock
Be part of the change…become a Mental Health First Aider!
1 in 3 Canadians will experience a mental health problem in their lifetime. Similar to emergency first aid, MHFA offers proven strategies for providing frontline support to those experiencing a mental health crisis. Anyone can benefit from MHFA training. Realize psychological, morale and productivity benefits in your workplace, school or community setting.
Times: 9:00AM to 4:00PM (2 days)
Location: ILRC’s DART Training Centre – 100 – 167 Lombard Ave.
- Assess the risk of suicide and harm
- Developing nonjudgmental listening and empathic communication skills
- Understanding the signs, symptoms and treatment options for depression, anxiety, substance abuse and psychosis
- Learn crisis management techniques
- Reducing stigma and promoting understanding