What is Self Advocacy?
Self Advocacy is:
- learning more your rights and responsibilities
- exercising your rights and navigating advocacy issues
- making choices about directing your advocacy goals
The Self Advocacy Program at ILRC is designed to support you in gaining the skills and knowledge necessary to advocate for yourself across different systems and issues.
The Self-Advocacy program is changing in order that we make more educational opportunities available to the community. Stay tuned as the program incorporates further skills development and workshops in its day to day operations
Information and Support
The following are just a few of the areas in which we offer information and support:
- Rights to Essential Services
- Home Care
- Human Rights
- Tenant and Housing Rights
- Social Services and related benefits
The goal of Self Advocacy is to support you in gaining a practical set of advocacy skills which can be applied to any area of your life.ZolaIndependence is not the quality of tasks you can perform without assistance, but the quality of life we can live with help.