What is Brokerage?
The ILRC Brokerage program provides a range of Independent Living options that you can choose from to best suit your lifestyle goals. The main objective of the program is to enable you to become a full participant in your community.
You take control over decisions and choices that affect your life with self- selected supports designed to meet your daily needs.
ILRC acts as a broker between you (the consumer) and the funder/government and also acts as a support to you to enable you and your network to maintain the environment in which you choose to live.
The Brokerage Plan
- Identify individual strengths and needs of consumer
- Consumer works with ILRC to explore and appraise the range of service options available in the community
- Identify gaps and recommend viable alternatives to create a supported living model unique to the individual
- Estimate costs of individual model and negotiate funds by bringing together the various funding bodies to discuss and plan the most appropriate and financially sound means to meet the consumer's needs
- Implement the plan with ongoing supports designed by the consumer
Areas of Support
Some of the common areas of support include:
- Building and maintaining a personal support network
- Housing options
- Attendant care
- Consumer training and/or support with human resource functions
- Meal planning/preparation
- Social, recreational and leisure activities
- Knowledge of government systems