Self Advocacy Program
What is Self Advocacy?
Self Advocacy is:
- having the opportunity to know your rights and responsibilities
- standing up for your beliefs
- making choices about your life
The Self Advocacy Program at ILRC is designed to support you in gaining the skills and knowledge necessary in becoming a successful Self Advocate.
Information and Support
The following are just a few of the areas in which we offer information and support:
- Rights to Essential Services
- Home Care
- Human Rights
- Tenant and Housing Rights
- Income Security
- Social Services CPPD Entitlement
The goal of Self Advocacy is to support you in gaining a practical set of advocacy skills which can be applied to any area of your life.
Independence is not the quality of tasks you can perform without assistance, but the quality of life we can live with help.Zola